Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(11-Apr-2015, 08:13)Confused Wrote:
(11-Apr-2015, 06:18)xy1689 Wrote: I also met this problem few days ago,and 5 time per day!!!!!very annoying!!!!!,windows,foobar, 120,ethernet.......
Is this problem solved?

xy - No, the problem is not solved, indeed your own recent experiences demonstrate this.  In fact, the issue has been around for about a year now, maybe more.  Devialet themselves have made comments that the issue effects less than 2% of users.  Judging by the posts on this forum, and Ian G's white noise survey, the actual figure must surely be much higher.

I suggest you send a query to Devialet informing them that you have the problem, and ask them when they plan to have the issue fixed.  I notice that Womaz and other's new to Devialet are also experiencing the issue.  If everyone getting the issue sends a polite query to Devialet, then this might help to shake them out of there complacency.  Please note that I am not suggesting a coordinated spam attack on Devialet's query system!  However, I think if Devialet get a steady stream of legitimate queries, particularly from new owners, then this might help getting the right information and message to Devialet.  After all, it is the new owners that are currently feeling the pain of the purchase price of that shiny new amp, and it is Devialet that has your cash!  Let them know that you are not happy!

For what it's worth, I too am running Windows / Ethernet, albeit with JRiver, so a similar set-up to yourself.  I am running the beta version of AIR which was initially very problematic, as I got white noise almost every time the PC's screensaver went into power save mode.  However, with the screensaver disabled, the beta version of AIR has worked well for me.  Don't take this as a suggestion for curing your own issues though, the white noise issue is very random and appears to be very sensitive to specific PC set-ups, which in detail vary enormously.  It's a slippery customer this white noise!  However, it's Devialet's responsibility to fix, so if you, Womaz and others new to the white noise club send the odd query to Devialet, at least it tells them you are out there and waiting!

ok……thanks........

Messages In This Thread
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by xy1689 - 13-Apr-2015, 08:29
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58