Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
Curiously, AIR 2.1.4-beta4.exe is 1.5 bigger than the previous BETA version (about 15MB vs 10MB). So, they did put some work into it, for certain Smile
The respective post on the official Devialet forum also says (paraphrasing): if the problem happens to you with this version, send us the screen shot of the Windows' processes and the "crash capture". I wonder what the latter is? Has AIR 2.1.4-beta4 been enhanced to automatically detect the white noise pattern and output a log file? Or is there a way to trigger that crash trace manually during the white noise problem. Does any one know?

@Womaz, did you discover any such file in the Devialet AIR folder?

@Confused, regarding your question as to whether the new AIR versions improve SQ, I don't believe so. We got the ultimate SQ with the introduction of WASAPI (and I don't mean this with any degree of irony). The SQ simply can't be improved upon any more: the Devialet unit(s) gets digital data without losses, intereference, and it gets asynchronously (so, jitter is out of the equation). All they can do now is fix stability and other issues (e.g. white noise).
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by AlexS - 17-Apr-2015, 15:19
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58