Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(24-Apr-2015, 17:20)Mohmm Wrote: I am wondering why these victims of AIR don't simply change their Win-PCs to a decent Mac

Although, as was already pointed out, the Macs are not immune to this problem, nor is there any proven correlation between the PC's price and its AIR-friendliness (as I recall, the not inexpensive NUCs suffer from this problem as frequently), I do agree with your general philosophy: sometimes, it's more productive to stop banging your head against the wall, and just walk around it.
If I were getting the noise more frequently than once every 2-3 months (or if I got tired of even that frequency), I would buy a MAC-mini, installed JRiver on it, and would use my current JRiver instance on PC as a music server streaming to the MAC. And if I got white noise on the MAC, I'd switch to the USB input. That solution is still in back of my mind, but increasing the number of components and, therefore, failure points, (together with the hope that Devialet will fix this problem one day) prevents me from implementing it.
Also, I like simplicity and what can be simpler than getting white nosie and becoming upset about it? Smile
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by AlexS - 24-Apr-2015, 20:53
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58