Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(24-Apr-2015, 17:20)Mohmm Wrote: Sorry, but I can't resist commenting on a series of threads in this site. I notice that so many D-users are proud in integrating the most expensive cables for digital interconnects, even employing hilariously expensive network patch cables. At the same time there is a decent number of D-users who feed their Ds from "cheapo" Win-PCs, which for a few produce white, yellow, rosé, brown or other coloured noise due to a potential flaw in AIR. As a simple solution to this problem, I am wondering why these victims of AIR don't simply change their Win-PCs to a decent Mac, given that this change comes considerably cheaper than many of the cables... OOPS, of course I don't mean anybody personally, just a point to consider    ;-))

But of course, the sets of the expensive cable users and the 'cheapo' PC users may not overlap.
I really like the way AIR sounds, haven't heard a streamer that sounds better yet. Would a mac solve the problem that would be the easy fix...
I only have problems when playing 192khz, 96khz and below; no problems. Beta4 gave me more problems then the original release.
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Sobert - 24-Apr-2015, 23:22
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58