Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
This thread appears to be drifting a little off topic with the old Mac vs PC debate. Having said that, from an audio perspective the Mac vs PC debate is actually quite an interesting one, something for a new thread perhaps. We all have our own preferences and quirks with how we set up our systems. My case is quite simple I think, there are a number of very good reasons, both work & leisure related why a PC is a much better choice than a Mac, more or less essential in fact. So I have a PC. Also, with the best set up of hi fi and PC in my home, I would need about a 10m USB cable to connect PC to Devialet, this is too long for decent sound quality via USB. So for better or worse, a PC with hard wired AIR Ethernet is the optimum solution for me. Yes I could use a laptop or Mac Mini with the Dev, but I'd rather have less IT related kit in my house not more.

So back on topic. I have loaded AIR 2.1.4beta4 onto my (not that) cheapo PC. It's been running for half an hour so far on JRiver WASAPI 24bit, no issues at all so far so good..... I'll report more later.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Confused - 25-Apr-2015, 07:58
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58