Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(25-Apr-2015, 12:06)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(24-Apr-2015, 17:41)Rufus McDufus Wrote: The problem is just as common with Mac.

Just to clarify and emphasise this point please note the results of our recent survey: "A lot of Hot Air From Devialet - Survey 1" 

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=939

24 Mac users get white noise.

17 Mac users don't get white noise.

20 PC users get white noise.

6 PC users do not get white noise.

I know the numbers aren't massive but they do nonetheless show that BOTH Mac and PC users are affected by this problem.

I myself got crackling sounds and dropouts using a Macbook Air in a highly optimised Cat 7 network. 

Guillaume

Thanks, I know this 'statistics'. There is still the question of the cause of dropouts, crackling, noise, you name it. The cause may well be very different on both platforms and it is near impossible to make any judgements as victims don't reveal full details and a few don't even know where to look.

I get reproducible crackling sound when the CPU is doing something labour intensive that's not sound related, which has to do with FSB and CPU bandwidth. But then I am connected via a Cat7 network and not WiFi, which is noisy here because of tens of others using it nearby.

And, no, I didn't start a WinPC versus Mac discussion. I was just comparing prices of "high-end" cables and computers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Mohmm - 25-Apr-2015, 13:25
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58