Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(26-Apr-2015, 12:58)Mohmm Wrote:
(26-Apr-2015, 12:40)Confused Wrote: running iTunes 16/44.1 with the sound card GIU settings at 24/192. 

Thanks for your effort; but ¿¿¿What would this setting discrepancy be good for except for provoking problems??? On my Mac I get crackling/noise with such deliberately wrong settings without problem.

Nothing whatsoever!  I stated in my earlier post that these are silly settings.  Nothing else provoked white noise with 2.1.4beta4, I was simply trying everything I could to provide data for Devialet.  I will make it clear to Devialet that the screen shot of the CPU process was a white noise event with these problematic settings.  With this done, I have no intention of ever using these settings again! It's just a case of providing as much information to Devialet, as they never provide any useful feedback as to what they are finding, or what data they are looking for, (or anything else for that matter) it's difficult to know what is useful and what isn't. For sure, sending screen shots of everything working fine won't help. You make a good point though, how many folks out there are getting similar problems with AIR, but in fact a few tweaks getting the basic setting right might be all that is needed to cure?

Messages In This Thread
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Confused - 26-Apr-2015, 13:12