Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
All, thank you for your feedback.
In about a month, I'll be reporting this to Thierry. I will attach a link to this forum's thread, so he can see the problem is relatively wide spread.
Perhaps, as a work-around (at least, for those with shorter listening sessions), regular PC restarts may be a good idea, as this deletes temporary files, and may release some leaked memory.
I also restart AIR from time to time. With these precautions, I've been able to avoid this issue for about a month now (with the basic 16/44 format).
Also, for those using Foobar, it may be a good idea to increase the size of the hardware event buffer (Preferences --> Advanced --> Playback/WASAPI). I was surprised the default was only 25ms. I reset it to 250.
I really like the quality of Ethernet streaming. It's the best streaming mode by definition, because Ethernet is a loss-less protocol, with guaranteed packet delivery.
Let's not give up. We should have Devialet look into this issue again. Feel free to email them separately, as this will put additional pressure on them.
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by AlexS - 23-Jul-2014, 03:11
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58