Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
For me, I can at times be regularly switching tracks, messing with play lists, pausing, even swapping between Jriver and iTunes, with no white noise issues. That is until the whole system has been running 3 hours plus, then the white noise can happen at any time, for me usually just mid track when I am not playing with anything else. I'll stick my neck out here, and conclude that when white noise occurs after pausing, updating playlists or whatever, this is indeed just a coincidence. If anyone does spot a definite pattern though, I would be more than happy to eat my words! Irrespective of all this, the clear fact is that the problem should not be occurring at all, irrespective of how people use playlist or whatever else.

Anyway, I have sent an email to Devialet, and I have indeed provided them a pointer to this thread. I hope they take their time to investigate and come up with a robust solution to this one! OK, problems like this happen in the modern world, for me I am not remotely critical of Devialet in this respect, with the interaction of different computer set ups, operating systems etc., the number of potential variables are vast. I think the true test of the company will be their ability to rectify emergent issues like this. If they can solve this one, I for one would be very grateful and at the same time quietly impressed. Time will tell.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Confused - 26-Jul-2014, 09:54
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58