Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(26-Jul-2014, 11:58)Confused Wrote: An update. Listening to iTunes only this morning, I actually set the timer on my iPhone to record any white noise events. After 40 minutes I did have one track that flicked onto white noise for 5 second after about 40 minutes running time, it then automatically reverted back to "normal" music. After 55 minutes, I had the white noise issue in earnest, fully stopping playing music and switching to white noise, requiring a disable / enable of AIR to rectify. This is obviously a different pattern to my normal "white noise after 3 hours". Have I changed anything? Yes, earlier in the week I had tried swapping from "never stream automatically to it" to "always stream to it automatically" in the Devialet AIR GUI. Time will tell if this follows a pattern, but it is at least of interest that a setting change in Devialet AIR appears to change the pattern of occurrence of this issue.

Brian, is it fair to say that this issue occurs more frequently to you when you play iTunes vs JRiver? Does your iItunes still up-sample all formats to 24/192? I still suspect that the problem is more likely to occur with the 24/192 format than any other.
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by AlexS - 26-Jul-2014, 18:33
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58