Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
@Confused, I'm puzzled as to why the issue seems to have worsened for you. With my precautions (restarting PC on a regular basis, and never putting the AIR application to sleep), I've avoided the white noise for over a month now (with 16/44 music).

@Georgethesixth, although your test case is a bit contrived (turning off BitPerfect midway), perhaps, it has a common root cause with the issue we experience naturally. If you can recreate the issue at will, Devialet can do a collaboration session with you. Thierry offered it to me, but my problem is sporadic.
I wonder what's in 7.1.1 vs 7.1.0. 7.1.1 must contain just minor bug fixes (Maybe, "Improved temperature with SAM")

I found the answer to my question about the new features of 7.1.1. There is nothing related to streaming:
New in Firmware 7.1.1

Software changes

USB bi-dir
Improve latence music between master and companion
Possibility to use the trigger out of the companion
SAM setting menu (in the Tone menu) only if SAM is ON
Improved stability of power supply
Improved temperature with SAM

One more thing: when you submit a request for help online, and receive a verification email, at least, I have to click on the link in the email TWICE, until I receive the following message: "Thanks for verifying your request." Without that, the request never reaches Devialet, which may explain why some of you never get any response back.
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by AlexS - 27-Jul-2014, 16:56
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58