Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(12-Aug-2014, 22:31)thumb5 Wrote:
(12-Aug-2014, 00:01)Georgethesixth Wrote: It looks like Devialet wants to avoid the complexity of having to enter the amplifier/DAC IP-address but the way they solved this is hardly elegant.

Indeed. There are any number of devices that solve essentially the same problem without recourse to continuous broadcasts (Sonos, just to pick an obvious example of one that "just works").

Apart from the network pollution, this can't be good for standby power consumption.

To be frank, I think Devialet have been a bit lazy and/or rushed with this.

I agree. I contacted Devialet about this a couple of months ago and also posted in the Support Desk section on here about it ( see thread "Unexpected activity on router"). There was a bug in the 'disable remote control app' function as well.

It's clearly not a major problem and not high priority for them to change/fix this but if enough people complain then maybe the priority will increase.

Regards,

Philip
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by PhilP - 13-Aug-2014, 14:28
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58