Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(28-Apr-2016, 21:00)Confused Wrote: I must admit I am intrigued by IanG's comment about AIR V1.  I have never used it, but from what I read it was limited to use with iTunes only but did work perfectly.  Could it be re-instated?  Would it work with the current range and firmware?  I am guessing only Devialet know the answer to this, and I suspect the answer is no anyway.  Does anyone know different?

Reading Antoine's comments reminds me of my own early days with AIR.  I ran AIR on what was by then a slow and generally clapped out Windows Vista PC (which is now dead, hard disc failure).   The thing is, AIR worked perfectly with Windows Vista, no white noise, no stuttering or drop outs, all good.  Was this true for all Windows Vista users?  I note that the Vista version of AIR is still available.  I also note that over on the Roon thread, some folk are using old laptops and similar as Roon 'End Points'.  Could you Run Roon as an end point on an old Vista PC?  I am not sure of the Roon requirements for an 'End Point', but if so, this might form a reliable way of using Roon with AIR?

Apart from the fact that I want to use Roon, and not iTunes, I also don't want a processor on my network that is running an OS which is several versions behind Windows 10 /OSX El Cap. However, in terms of curiosity, it would be interesting to know, I agree.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3

Messages In This Thread
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Zappydev - 28-Apr-2016, 21:52