Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(28-Oct-2014, 16:37)Confused Wrote: I understand from Devialet that the beta version is in fact "slightly different" to the "official" 2.1.3 version. Although I have no details as to what the actual differences are. I am too busy at work at the moment to be bothered with trying either version during the evenings. However, I have a reasonably free weekend lined up, and will try both and report back.

I've just played some music with 2.1.3. First with Jplay between MC20 (0.27) and AIR, ethernet. White noise in the middle of track two. This was with kernel streaming as Jplay did not see WASAPI.
Then I used MC20 with WASAPI directly to AIR, bypassing Jplay. White noise did not turn up until the end of track six. Album was The Absense - Melody Gardot, 24/96.
For me this is it. I'll remove AIR from my computer and use my energy on getting the best possible sound from USB while I wait for Devialet to come up with something completely different for ethernet streaming.
Pity really, as sound quality with AIR is brilliant.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by ogs - 28-Oct-2014, 19:11
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58