Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(29-Oct-2014, 14:46)AlexS Wrote: Don't bother with the BETA version, as AIR 2.1.3 is the final product (the next iteration after BETA). Yes, according to the release notes, it should contain some Windows related improvements.
Yesterday, I uninstalled the BETA version and installed 2.1.3 Did not restart the PC. And the very 1st second, I was greeted with the white noise Smile
Rebooting the PC did fix that, but I have a feeling that even if Devialet made improvements, the issue is still lurking out there. So, I'm not going to abandon my usual anti-noise precautions, which I won't enumerate here again.
I'd be curious to know what other discover. Was there at least an improvement related to the duration of streaming?

On a WIN7 computer, I updated to 2.1.3 and was able to connect immediately through both Ethernet and WiFi (not always the case on 2.1.2). Also, my settings on the app for both Ethernet and WiFi now stay put after I select their parameters (again, not always the case on 2.1.2). I played various 16/44.1 and 24/96 songs via JRiver (JPlay driver) for about 30 minutes without any problems on the Devialet AIR 24/96 setting. I even paused one song for a minute. No problem.

Okay, so this was a short test and now I need longer listening sessions and will try other platforms, such as Fidelify and iTunes.

Fingers crossed that this is the real deal for my setup. I wonder if 2.1.3 works well on some computers and not well on others.

Stay tuned...
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Flashman - 29-Oct-2014, 15:10
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58