Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(30-Oct-2014, 20:41)AlexS Wrote:
(28-Oct-2014, 19:11)ogs Wrote: I've just played some music with 2.1.3. First with Jplay between MC20 (0.27) and AIR, ethernet. White noise in the middle of track two. This was with kernel streaming as Jplay did not see WASAPI.
Then I used MC20 with WASAPI directly to AIR, bypassing Jplay. White noise did not turn up until the end of track six.
Pity really, as sound quality with AIR is brilliant.

@ogs, don't give up yet. If your testing scenarios involve changing the "Enable Bit Perfect" setting in AIR, make sure you restart AIR and the player after toggling it. If you don't, I think the white noise is almost guaranteed. Whenver you change ANY settings in AIR, restart it and the player.

Thanks AlexS, I did restart everything several times in a systematic manner. No luck. I've really given up AIR for the time being. I also reported the same to Roger at Devialet. I have not heard back from him yet. They do not like to answer critical messages....
Thanks again
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by ogs - 30-Oct-2014, 22:49
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58