Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
FYI: a copy of my email to Roger, after a fresh incident this morning:
"This morning, after a fresh PC start, I got white noise in about 5 mins (!) of streaming basic 16/44 material. It first manifested itself as faint music with quiet noise in the background, and then full noise several seconds later.
I restarted both Foobar2000 and AIR, and again got white noise in about the same time: 5 or so mins. So, based on this, my past experience, and that of other people, I'm arriving at this conclusion: if you get white noise within X minutes of playing, you'll will again get it within about the same time, unless you reboot the PC.
I've captured the Windows' processes. Here are the only two differences compared to the normal state:
1) Running mTorrent. But I did run before, while streaming music, without any problems.
2) Now, this one is more interesting: missing dllhost.exe (COM surrogate). You you won't see this process in the attached screen shot captured when the white noise happened. But when I rebooted my PC, and was again able to stream successfully, this process is present."
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by AlexS - 08-Nov-2014, 17:58
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58