Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(20-Dec-2014, 17:58)Confused Wrote: I have had an interesting day trying AIR 2.1.4-beta1. The good news is that it looks like we are finally getting somewhere with this one. The bad news is that the issue has not 100% gone, or not for me at least. The further good news is that this is no longer a random type event, but now shows very specific behaviour.

I

Hi Confused

According to Support, the new beta version of AIR also fails to work with Mac gear. For months now, ethernet or wifi, I have had predictable white noise after as little as 10 minutes via wifi/hires and as much as 4 hours via ethernet/16/44.1 with a minimalised configuration file and all wifi turned off.

The commercial imperative to press on with Phantom and Dialog perhaps takes precedence over getting things right for existing customers who have funded part of their success.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by IanG-UK - 20-Dec-2014, 19:40
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58