Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
Today I again tried AIR 2.1.4-beta1. This time white noise occurred every time the PC went into screensaver mode. Later in the day I was using iTunes and occasionally the music flicked into white noise and then reverted back to music. With previous versions of AIR, I have found that if I used iTunes and set everything to 16/44.1 (AIR GUI and PC settings) then I do not get the white noise issues. To be clear, I spent a short time today sorting some stuff out in iTunes play lists, but had left all settings (PC & AIR) at 24/192, so I am guessing that at 16/44 this may not have happened. Either way, there remains some issues.

So it looks like AIR 2.1.4-beta1 is an improvement to a degree, but not a robust cure.

Quote from the SoundStage Global interview:

"As I was having lunch with Pierre-Emmanuel Calmel, Devialet's cofounder and the inventor of the company's revolutionary ADH (Analog Digital Hybrid) amplifier technology, he reached over and picked up a colleague's Apple iPhone 6 to first praise but then criticize it. He applauded its shape, size, weight, and feel, but then he pointed to the camera lens and said, "I don't believe Steve Jobs would have allowed that." He could tell by my confused look that I didn't understand, so he pointed out that the lens protrudes slightly from the body, which makes the phone not only ever-so-slightly thicker than Apple claims, but also awkward when you rub your finger over it. It was obvious that Pierre-Emmanuel saw this as a design flaw, as he felt it should be aligned with the area around it. "I think he would have challenged his engineers to find a solution," he concluded."

Well I think it's time Monsieur Calmel looked to his own companies issues and challenged his own engineers rather than gloating at Apples camera design. I can only imagine what Steve Jobs reaction would be if his engineers spent this much time not fixing the dual mono configurator issues and the not working properly slightly dodgy AIR. (God rest his soul)

End of rant, I guess I'm a bit fed up today after spending another weekend as a Devialet beta tester!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Confused - 21-Dec-2014, 18:41
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58