Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(21-Dec-2014, 18:41)Confused Wrote: Today I again tried AIR 2.1.4-beta1. This time white noise occurred every time the PC went into screensaver mode.
End of rant, I guess I'm a bit fed up today after spending another weekend as a Devialet beta tester!

First of all, thank you for testing the BETA version!
Secondly, after what interval is your screensaver set to kick in? I thought you'd initially said you were able to play 192/24 for about 90 mins? Or was the screen saver delayed by your using the computer at the same time as playing music?
Also, when you say that the noise coincides with screensaver, do you restart your PC after each occurrence? If not, my experience is that once you get the white noise, it's prone to repeat itself within a short interval, unless the PC is rebooted.
Again, the only way to prove the correctness of your theory is to disable the screen saver. If the problem disappears, that must be it. If not, there must be something else with the timing matching your screen saver.
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by AlexS - 22-Dec-2014, 03:30
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58