Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
(04-Jan-2015, 18:23)Mohmm Wrote: The principle is: "If there is no problem tweak your set-up so long as to produce symptoms."

Hello

Some people like to tweak and try any sort of cables (speaker, USB, Lan….), streamer or software, and change their alimentation and so on… There is no limit to it and as long as it is their passion, whatever their conclusion is, it has to be taken by subjectivity.
I like to stick to a simple system although I have added a few “devices” that I think make a difference but again I am trying to convince anybody about it.
Regarding the white noise problem, the issue is different. I just had a look at your previous mails in details. You are not using Yosemite, you are still on Mountain or Maverick so the problem did not exist at that time….
With Mountain, Maverick the Air Wireless could suffer some interruptions (especially with high definition formats) but the Air Ethernet was clean.
With Yosemite it is bugged with both Air and Ethernet. I have always used the USB/SPDIF (with D Premier) and now I use the USB so I do not really care about it but having the Air (Wireless and Ethernet) not working for such a long time shows that either Devialet has not time to solve it (busy with Phantoms) or they cannot do it so easily…
If you switch to Yosemite you will probably have this issue so think about it before doing it… and better wait for a fix first.
Yosemite does not seem to be easy to “manage”; I have been using JRiver Media Center with it and it makes crash my Mac at some point, or I have to reboot it to use Safari later on. I have no explanation but again people using Jriver with Maverick seems to be fine (I was fine with it too at that time)… I am not so surprised Devialet is very slow to address the issue…
Regards
philoouu

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by philoouu - 05-Jan-2015, 06:53
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58