Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows
An interesting couple of weeks for me, I started getting one or two issues with AIR Ethernet. Some dropouts, stuttering, (stuff I have never relay had issues with) and yes, the occasional white noise. Then last weekend my Virgin Media "Super Hub" router packed up completely, so no internet, and no AIR. I plugged in an old router last Sunday, this was not compatible with the Virgin cable, but it did at least allow me to use AIR Ethernet, which ran fine, for Sunday at least. The replacement router has arrived now and is installed, I suspect my recent issues have been exacerbated by an emergent fault in the now defunct router. Time will tell as to how things perform with the new router. This is probably stating the utterly obvious, but it does illustrate how AIR is only one part of a system, a week or so ago I was thinking that I had new issues with AIR, but no, it was just my slightly rubbish Virgin router going on the blink. (or no longer blinking in fact) Having said that, maybe my recent white noise issues were nothing to do with the router and just random events. The issue clearly has not gone, and I still have no idea why AIR-2.1.4-beta1 falls over when my screen goes into power save mode. Possibly related to AlexS's issues posted above? Who knows, but for sure the robust fix we really need is still pending.

Also, last week I was in correspondence with Devialet, nothing to do with any new issues, I as just asking about the 4th, 5th and 6th Phantom invite codes I had been sent. In one message I asked about the AIR issues, there response; "Our engineers are doing their best in order to solve the AIR issue".

Well, maybe they are. Although this is pure speculation on my part, I rather suspect that their engineers are in a state of mild panic trying to finalise SPARK and Dialog issues, with fixing AIR demoted a few slots down the "to do list.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet streaming and occasional white noise on Windows - by Confused - 13-Feb-2015, 09:35
Chasing AIR's flaws - by Mohmm - 26-Apr-2015, 12:58