Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mains cables and filters do we need expensive ones?
(12-May-2015, 19:13)f1eng Wrote:
(12-May-2015, 13:31)teddlesdee Wrote: Thought I would start a new thread on this controversial but interesting subject, as there a lot of differing opinion out there on how to connect CD transports and the Devs to the mains.

It would be a great help to me, and I suspect others new to this if you guys 'in the know' so-to-speak could share your opinions & experiences to get the best out of our kit! Those that have already posted on this subject might consider copying any posts into this thread to kick it off?

Any takers?

Smile

There is no technically sound mechanism by which a properly engineered piece of equipment, connected to a properly installed mains system could be influenced by the mains chord AFAIK.

Having written that, plenty of hifi enthusiasts are convinced that they make a difference.

My conclusion is either expectation bias, badly engineered equipment or something wrong with the mains is the cause of their opinion.

My conclusion with exception for expectation bias is that people have real life situations with mains in their homes and as such I do think most have some issues. With regards to badly engineered equipment I trust that we all agree that Devialet is very good engineered as we all chose this as our equipment. 

Use your ears, bring in wife, hifi haters etc as 'neutral' ears to confirm if something is good or bad. I did, and mains cables made a difference and in particular dedicated mains and spur. However to say that this or that cable or solution (or no solution than bog std cable etc) works the best means not much as it may not work at all in someone else system.

Best/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Messages In This Thread
Mains cables and filters - by amabrok - 12-May-2015, 15:20
RE: Mains cables and filters do we need expensive ones? - by Mikeeo - 13-May-2015, 11:04