Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phono Stage After Firmware 8.0 Upgrade
(16-May-2015, 12:43)f1eng Wrote: I haven't tried yet, but the publicity about the new phono stage mentions continual optimisation.
Maybe the start ADC gain setting is low to be well away from ever clipping and it will slowly adjust as you play records to optimise the ADC settings whilst avoiding input clipping.
Certainly, with the old firmware, setting my input voltage to the cartridge makers specified 5cm/sec output voltage resulted on ADC input clipping on some heavily modulated LPs.

I dont think there is anything self adjusting, my Clearaudio MC pickup is set to 420uV wich is what Clearaudio stated in it`s whitepapper. But I can go down to 250uV in the meny while palying a record without clipping so there is a bit of testing there to be done to get the right output and not to much noise.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phono Stage After Firmware 8.0 Upgrade - by octaviars - 17-May-2015, 10:45