Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nathans system
(17-May-2015, 08:49)Gentleman Wrote: Hello Nathan.

Nice setup!

Except the speakers my main system is quite similar. I assume you have tried many sources before you choose JPLAY. Did you switch to JPLAY 6.0 already? Also you should try AO 1.31 beta. What kind of of cable do you use to link the two PC's?

I am looking forward to your reply

Regards

Jan

Honestly, i didnt try many sources, i got into the high end stuff about... a month ago.. and only finished building everything this week. since that time ive just been researching the different programs and what i thought would be good. I may considering trying out different sources in the future but at this point im happy with the set up.

AO 1.31B11 has just been released which makes Microsoft technical preview 2 build 10074 work. i updated it this morning and installed the server OS from 2012 essentials.

i run jplay 6.0 in the standard install - one thing i do want to try is the alternate version ill probably give that a shot during the week.

At this point i just use a standard cat6 cable to link them - but i forgot on my wishlist what i want to put inbetween the 2 computers is the SOtM lan isolator shown here http://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english.../iso-cat6/

Lots of people have reported a benefit by having a cisco router with a linear power supply between the 2 computers instead of a direct link as well.

Ive also got another serverboard on order that i receive at the end of the coming week at the moment i run windows 8.1 on my main pc so im looking forward to doing a comparison between my existing set with audio optimiser on one computer to both.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)

Messages In This Thread
Nathans system - by completeluxury - 17-May-2015, 07:46
RE: Nathans system - by Gentleman - 17-May-2015, 08:49
RE: Nathans system - by completeluxury - 17-May-2015, 09:00
Nathans system - by archer75 - 18-May-2015, 12:50
RE: Nathans system - by completeluxury - 18-May-2015, 13:04
Nathans system - by archer75 - 18-May-2015, 17:42
RE: Nathans system - by completeluxury - 17-Jun-2015, 00:01