Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM lab - Australian news for SAM lab.. read if you want your speakers samed.
Hello all, I have one pair of my speakers Samed in Shanghai last week. The whole process only took half an hour with the Sam Lab device. According to the engineer of Devialet, there are only 5 Samlab boxes exist in the world. Only one in gold color which was the one displayed in Munich show. The others are in sliver.

The Samlab device have to work with a D200 box as you can see from the attachments in the next post. 

1) A MBP computer is attached to the Samlab box over USB cable. 
2) Samlab is attached to D200 over USB cable. 
3) Samlab also attached to D200 over the 8 components interface.
4) Samlab attach the speaker through speaker cable.
5) A tripod is setup to stand in front of the speaker with a laser pointer connect to the Samlab via USB cable.

As some of you may know the theory behind SAM. The technology is only focus in low frequency which is <= 150 Hz. The engineer explained to me that the system generate very low frequency signal and such signal is delivered to the speaker over the Samlab box to D200 to the speaker. 

The laser pointer will detect the vibration of all bass and mid range units and send back the signal to the computer for further analysis.

As my speaker Wilson Audio XLF has 2 bass unit and 2 mid range. The engineer did the same calibration for four times.

After all, he will have to fit the signal curve in the MBP. The program is coded in Matlab with an interface to make his life easier. The end result is a model optimized for the speaker.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: SAM lab - Australian news for SAM lab.. read if you want your speakers samed. - by hkychan - 10-Jun-2015, 08:25