Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM lab - Australian news for SAM lab.. read if you want your speakers samed.
A few question that I asked the french engineer.

1) As my XLF is relatively new, will there be much different for testing result between a new speaker and a speaker used for 2 years? He said the different is insignificance. So they don't need to re-Sam again years later. In fact, he only Samed one of the XLF speaker. But he himself is the one behind the 200 speakers Sam in the Paris lab.

2) As the entire process require no microphone, the environment of calibration is not required with sound proof facility.

3) Are there any speakers in the world that cannot be Samed? The answer is yes. He further told me that with Sam version 1, there was 5% of speakers cannot be Samed. Now with Sam version 2, it dropped to 2%. I forget to ask him which type of speaker but I would imagine the kind of speaker is MBL as it would be difficult to measure the vibration. (Just checked from http://voteforsam.devialet.com/category/...=sam_ready and it shows none of the MBL speaker is Samed)

The improvement

After the Sam process, they will have to do some modification to make the result work for dual mono (D800). So we only tested the improvement with one D250 afterward. We did a blind test. The improvement is quite obvious in the low frequency (bass). According to the official description now that you can find from Sam page for XLF. The speaker can reach 17 Hz now which was only 31 Hz before Sam. 

In addition, the cohesiveness of the high, mid and low are much better now with Sam. I am very happy with the result.

The Tour

As far as I know, Shanghai is the first destination of Devialet Samlab tour. The team is in Beijing now. Next will be a few others cities in China. By end of June, they will be in Hong Kong. I have booked for my other pair of speakers to be Samed. It is "Kharma Exquisite Classique". I also booked for another friend in Hong Kong to have his "West Lake Tower HR7" Samed as well.

In July, the team will travel to a few other places in the Asia. South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Australia are in the list. I have the contact with their Greater China (Fiona) and Asia representative who will travel together with the engineer. The girl who will travel with the engineer to Australia is Carol from Singapore. I may be able to ask them directly about their plan in Australia.

I must say that Devialet has a very good customer service and they do try their best to support their fans like me. As they originally did not plan to visit Hong Kong. But they changed their plan for me. I am sure they may do the same for others of their die-hard fans.   Wink Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: SAM lab - Australian news for SAM lab.. read if you want your speakers samed. - by hkychan - 10-Jun-2015, 09:03