Poll: Which streaming input sounds best to you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
USB
35.40%
57 35.40%
AIR WiFi
14.29%
23 14.29%
AIR Ethernet
44.10%
71 44.10%
UPnP
6.21%
10 6.21%
Total 161 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Which streaming input on the Devialet sounds best to you?
(29-May-2014, 20:39)Kunter Wrote: Well, to start with, I have a problem with all of what I wrote... Every little improvement I heard in my system, which is very revealing, is bad for the wallet Smile
I listen to what people have to say, but I have learned to trust my ears first.

All lossless formats are identical as long as data is concerned. The difference is when you try to play them, and the work the cpu needs to do to decode etc real time. I guess this is it. When someone says they sound identical, I just am happy for them. Same for cables (interference is key), power supplies (noise), etc.

Now let me push more buttons. Have you tried Entreq grounding devices, which connect to any ground post on your electronics? Definitely should not make a difference... Just give a try..

One last note. I found the best way to avoid psychological effects. I ask the missus to do the blind testing...

cheers and happy listening.

I've tried lots of things that shouldn't make a difference, and in all cases I've found they don't.
The design of Devialet is science-based. Like Devialet, I try to stick with science.
Cheers,
Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which streaming input on the Devialet sounds best to you? - by Jwg1749 - 30-May-2014, 00:22