Poll: Which streaming input sounds best to you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
USB
35.40%
57 35.40%
AIR WiFi
14.29%
23 14.29%
AIR Ethernet
44.10%
71 44.10%
UPnP
6.21%
10 6.21%
Total 161 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Which streaming input on the Devialet sounds best to you?
(28-May-2014, 17:00)Jwg1749 Wrote: Hi Antoine,
I'm going to sit on the fence!
I use a Mac mini (OS X 10.9.2) with JRiver. I really can't tell the difference between AIR wireless and ethernet.
I was previously streaming direct from my Synology DS213J NAS via USB, using the Synology's native Audiostation media player. This was less good than the current Mac/JRiver set-up.
Cheers,
Matt

Hello, Matt!
I'm entertaining the idea of getting a Mac mini and using JRiver, to stream over Ethernet, to leave the white noise Windows problem behind me for good. Do you happen to know if:
1) JRiver on Mac is bit perfect?
2) Whether it supports FLACs with embedded cue sheets (which Foobar on Windows does)
You also seem to have switched from your Mac mini to a Windows server. What was the reason for that?
And, finally, have you observed worse (compared to Ethernet) sound quality when streaming over USB? Devialet USB input is also described as asynchronous (therefore no jitter?), and includes CRC error checking. So, based on that, one could expect identical SQ from USB and Ethernet.
The reason I ask about USB is that my alternative to MAC mini is to get a small PC, put it next to Devialet, and connect with USB.
Thank you,
-Alex.
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which streaming input on the Devialet sounds best to you? - by AlexS - 15-Nov-2014, 17:07