Poll: Which streaming input sounds best to you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
USB
35.40%
57 35.40%
AIR WiFi
14.29%
23 14.29%
AIR Ethernet
44.10%
71 44.10%
UPnP
6.21%
10 6.21%
Total 161 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Which streaming input on the Devialet sounds best to you?
(09-Dec-2014, 17:41)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(09-Dec-2014, 16:35)Confused Wrote: There have not been many claims for equipment that can match or even exceed the quality of AIR. It would appear that some cleverly optimised computer / USB solutions can do it. Maybe the Aurender X100 gets close? The Totaldac D1 looks like the best anyone has found so far as an "off the shelf" solution. Apart from that, at least for the folk not inclined to custom build PC solutions, not much!

I'd be inclined to take a look at the 3D Lab Nano Transport. According to ThierryNK it is at least as good as the totaldac d1 server, SQ-wise. And at a fraction of the cost (1,750 euros).

http://devialetchat.com/Thread-New-kid-on-the-block

Of course the beauty of the Aurender is the built-in storage (negating the use of a NAS and accompanying network cables) plus attractive control point.

I must say I wouldn't mind giving one a try.

There is of course the question of Devialet's (alleged) UPnP implementation...

Guillaume

Hi,

Don't forget the Wyred4Sound Music Servers which also give a superb sound from a dedicated Server base + facility to rip CDs to the hard drive (SSD option also available). Also very well reviewed.

See:

https://wyred4sound.com/products/music-servers
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which streaming input on the Devialet sounds best to you? - by brit - 10-Dec-2014, 18:53