Poll: Which streaming input sounds best to you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
USB
35.40%
57 35.40%
AIR WiFi
14.29%
23 14.29%
AIR Ethernet
44.10%
71 44.10%
UPnP
6.21%
10 6.21%
Total 161 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Which streaming input on the Devialet sounds best to you?
(28-May-2014, 18:02)Antoine Wrote: @beerman, I can't myself edit the poll but the option you mention (direct ethernet) I think is the option "AIR ethernet" I mentioned in the poll or did I miss an additional way to use the ethernet port without the AIR software installed on a PC or Mac?

Hi Antoine,

Almost the same. Almost.

What I mean with "direct ethernet" is just a (short) ethernet cable between computer and the Devialet.
In my opinion the "purest" or "straightest" connection" between the Dev and the source.
You don't have to go over a router, you have fewer plug-connections, you have a short signal path, wich will be lesser influenced by various factors.
itunes is just used as a file management, the Dev gets the files bit-perfect and does sample-rate changing. No other software needed.
(Maybe wrong in this case, but how I understand it, also jitter don't play a role in an ethernet connection).

But I have to confess, the differences between the ways to connect are very small (but audible), at least in my system, it depends on personal taste. I think there is no best way at all. You have to try for yourself and maybe in every music system is another way the better.

Klaus
Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which streaming input on the Devialet sounds best to you? - by beerman - 28-May-2014, 20:48