Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Weak Companion/Right Channel on Monoblocks
Here is Devialet support's response to my issue:

Dear Kerry,
Thank you for doing this cross-testing.
Apparently it seems that it is more linked to the difference that exists between a Stereo block and Dual-mono.
In fact it can come from the fact that there is more definition on the 400 and we are not used to have this kind of dynamics on The 200.
If you try it on a Devialet 800 it can also be quite astonishing at the first listening, because this reserve of power can segment the instrument in a very precise way.
The 400 compared to The 800 can also sound smoother, softer and more analytic.
I listened to the Dave Holland Quintet's "Juggler's Parade" and it happens to me that this is the kind of effect that you are experiencing.
I agree that this can lead to the segmentation of various instrument "on stage" but if you analyse the recording it is actually more "real" or more accurate to the recording.
You must know that we already discuss about this with the engineer and it is a result that they also noticed. Thank you for your feedback anyway.
Regards
Support Team

Its a little difficult to interpret their 'frenglish' Smile but they seem to think that the presentation of the D400 is closer to the recording than the D200.

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weak Companion/Right Channel on Monoblocks - by MusicFirst - 09-Jun-2015, 23:47