Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Weak Companion/Right Channel on Monoblocks
(27-Jun-2015, 10:24)amabrok Wrote:
(27-Jun-2015, 09:33)Vivialet Wrote: I also always had the feeling that the master driven channel was louder. I did some measurements with Carma (audionet) which tells me that the slave has a 0,07ms delay. Both speakers have the same distance to the listening position, maybe a few cm difference). 0,07ms is 20cm.
I have added a delay to the master channel (right channel in my setup) using the jriver dsp. With 0,04ms delay the measurement shows no difference between right and left channel anymore. And now I think it is well balanced. Maybe the master is not compensating the signal processing until it reaches the slave ?

One would assume that the new custom delay feature of the new v8.1.2 could sort this out without the need to rely on jriver or the like.

But how to set the value?

Does the configurator allow this?
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weak Companion/Right Channel on Monoblocks - by miro - 27-Jun-2015, 15:47