Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Weak Companion/Right Channel on Monoblocks
(04-Aug-2015, 09:17)octaviars Wrote:
(03-Aug-2015, 23:31)completeluxury Wrote: At the end of the day, we want to sound to be best at our listening positition, so all measurements should pertain to how they relate to said position.

For a good USB microphone have a look at the miniDSP umik-1. i do all my measuring with it and it comes highly recommended and pretty cheap.

I agree with you but if Devialet will measure this or calculate they are probably going to exactly implement the delay that acours between the master and the slave in the firmware and I doubt anyone can really listen to the diffrenses a couple of microseconds (I mean the diffrenses between say 290us to 300us) so to get the most accurate measurment it will be without the speakercables and speakers directly at the output of the amps with the crystalcable that they supplied with the amp that is my opinion. Setting up the mic so exactly that you dont get any errors in the delay measurment is in my opinion impossible.

But it is also impossible for Devialet to measure exactly.

And as you observed, there are differences in the acoustics of rooms.
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weak Companion/Right Channel on Monoblocks - by miro - 04-Aug-2015, 11:20