Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Weak Companion/Right Channel on Monoblocks
(04-Aug-2015, 11:34)completeluxury Wrote: there is something to be said for measuring directly out of the output so to speak. it would give you the true audio delay from master to slave so even if you moved your speakers/changed rooms/components/whatever then you know it wont make a difference however personally id prefer to make my measurement at the listening position.

Each to their own in their own system though right?

I think there is a big difference between our goals as individuals and the goals of a company like Devialet:

As individuals we aim at optimizing the one configuration that we are using. So measurement at the listening position makes most sense there. 

However, when you are a company like Devialet, what makes more sense are measurements that eliminate the specificities of individual configurations and therefore are applicable to all of them, in which case a measurement made at the electrical terminations of the units, therefore eliminating any contributions of speakers, cable, room etc. is what makes more sense in my opinion. 

Best regards,
Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weak Companion/Right Channel on Monoblocks - by Jean-Marie - 04-Aug-2015, 11:51