Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does anyone use subwoofers in their setup?
I'm currently experimenting with the delay feature. Started with the sounddoctor advice and set up 10ms (=10.000 us), disconnected one loudspeaker, wired the other closest to the sub put of phase, played a 80Hz test track and then dialed up the phase on my sub until my dB meter showed the highest amount of cancellation.

It sounds very good but not really sure yet if it's really much better than before. Have to listen more, perhaps I'm hearing a bit more focus/definition/tightness of particularly real bass instruments.

Found out how you can measure the delay using REW (Google) but the method/setting in REW ('Use loopback as timing reference') requires a loopback from soundcard output to input to measure the latency incduced in the PC+soundcard. I can't make that connection so have to look for alternatives. If you don't make that connection REW uses t=0 at impulse peak level making comparisons in delay useless.

If the 10ms is really best in my situation is something that I'd prefer to see back in measurements although I do trust Sounddoctors advice on this value since he is JL Audio's senior support/installer guy and I own a JL Audio sub.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: does anyone use subwoofers in their setup? - by Antoine - 02-Aug-2015, 16:07