Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S/PDIF to AES/EBU with 110ohm cable.
I also got answer today from Devialet.

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your message.
In our daisy chain topology, impedance mismatch is absolutely not an issue at all. Our units are immune to it.
We prefer to adapt the impedance at the master's output, so we definitely recommend 75R coax cable plus a coax to xlr adaptor located on the companion unit. This works very well and is rather inexpensive. 110R cable is fine too but is more expensive.
Best regards,

But this did not answer really my questions so I asked if there were any advantage to use a 110 ohm cable regardless of the cost.

Dear Fredrik,
The difference between the two is very slight so the end choice will depend on your personal preferences.
But really according to our experience, the 75ohm coax performs very well.

I think that they will not tell you what is the best solution, but I now know that you can go with ither cable directly to the xlr input on the slave.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Messages In This Thread
RE: S/PDIF to AES/EBU with 110ohm cable. - by octaviars - 18-Jun-2015, 13:30