Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At Long Last I Have Experienced Phantom!
If I am honest we didn't really listen at really low volumes, obviously we cranked them right up and it was very impressive but that is easy to impress when shaking the room, most of the time we had them at normal levels and was able to talk amongst ourselves and even then you get a clean vocal with great overall weight to the sound.

I really don't think anyone could be disappointed with Phantom, I know they are not cheap for a wireless speaker but Phantom really is no ordinary wireless speaker that is for sure, what was interesting was that Devialet are working on a firmware update to allow them to decode DTS & DD, I can only imagine how good a 5.0 Phantom system will be for movies :-)

We went to London yesterday for Devialet Training, really interesting, most of the day was spent listening to Phantom and showing how to set it all up, very intuitive with Dialog, look forward to try setting one up as a Bluetooth speaker without Dialog to see how that pans out, needless to say I took some more pictures, funnily enough I actually preferred the look of the standard Phantom with the white bass drivers and chrome trim, really looked stunning.

I really can't help thinking that Devialet have done an Apple here and come up with a product that no one really needs but everyone will want once they see it in action and hear it, much like the iPad.

Here are a few more pics from yesterday -

[Image: IMG_1736_zps4edk6ixb.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1757_zpsjcvaqqvo.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1755_zpsg04k1afg.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1754_zpsrpwoblnl.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1753_zps0gggclel.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1737_zpsagussggy.jpg]

Sam Lab in progress -

[Image: IMG_1751_zpssecbijgb.jpg]

Cheers,
Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: At Long Last I Have Experienced Phantom! - by Paul @ HiFi Lounge - 16-Jun-2015, 19:45