Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Audio Format for Phantom/Dialog/SPARK
In my experience, I don't think there's any difference with Windows PCs.

I'm in a completely PC environment and experience quicker timings than streamy has in respect of compressed FLAC up to 24/96. I would say the gap between tracks is anywhere between 0.5 to 1 second (it is usually almost instantaneous). I have never had a 4-10 second wait for any streamed music up to this sample rate. Streamy, when you say 'jump within tracks' do you mean fast forward? How on earth do you do that? I'm probably missing something completely obvious.

I have tried 192k, but I don't remember if it played stutter free. It did take an inordinate amount of time for the track to start (yes, around 10 seconds). It also occasionally creates strange buggy playing where Spark shows no track in the queue and where I can shut the app down and the track still plays until it's completed.

I'm running Spark on my windows 7 PC, which is connected via homeplug to my router. I use an ipad or an android phone (I have several) running Spark as the controller (no music on these devices). I have over 1.5TB of music on my PC so I'd have thought there's a lot of work for Spark to cope with as I scroll through and select songs.

Tidal Hifi's quality is several steps below my PC's streamed tracks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Audio Format for Phantom/Dialog/SPARK - by brighty - 22-Jun-2015, 01:27