Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Audio Format for Phantom/Dialog/SPARK
(22-Jun-2015, 01:27)brighty Wrote: In my experience, I don't think there's any difference with Windows PCs.

I'm in a completely PC environment and experience quicker timings than streamy has in respect of compressed FLAC up to 24/96.  I would say the gap between tracks is anywhere between 0.5 to 1 second (it is usually almost instantaneous).  I have never had a 4-10 second wait for any streamed music up to this sample rate.  Streamy, when you say 'jump within tracks' do you mean fast forward?  How on earth do you do that?  I'm probably missing something completely obvious.

Hi brighty,
With jump within a track I mean more or less fast forard or rewind, however in digital times this is a bit harder to implement as it was in 'old times' with analog tapes. There is no fast forward button in SPARK, but you can move the orange slider that shows the current position in the track forth and back to any position in the track. This produces a jump within the track that goes snappy with ALAC files and not well with FLAC files, at least in a MAC environment. Maybe it works much better when SPARK streams the files on a windows 7 PC.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Audio Format for Phantom/Dialog/SPARK - by streamy - 22-Jun-2015, 05:18