Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 200 ------my first 4 months
(29-Jun-2015, 09:57)agentsmith Wrote: I must have been lucky as i have not encountered much problem with AIR.  

What are some of these problems that make life so difficult?  Are they related to WiFi?  I use gigabit Ethernet and haven't had any nagging problems. 

May be it is also because I didn't use it enough as I cycle between USB, Phono and AIR.  I have not use AIR much since 8.X because SIT does not support DSD.

I don't think anyone, including Devialet, really know what the issue is with AIR, although its not wifi related, I have suffered the dreaded white note with hard wired Ethernet.   I think if anyone really did know what the problem with AIR is, it would be solved by now. 

As an example, I had an old Windows Vista PC that worked flawlessly with AIR.  In fact towards the end of this PC's life, AIR was just about the only thing it worked flawlessly with, otherwise the thing was very slow, noisy and a little problematic.  I now have a quad core Windows 8.1 machine, it is about11 months old now.  It runs via AIR Ethernet on exactly the same network as the old Vista machine.  The 8.1 machine used to suffer white noise routinely.  Now it does not, since the beta versions of AIR and a couple of tweaks on the PC, I am 100% white noise free.  I do get the odd bit of stuttering now, but nothing drastic.  It all appears to be very random, but it probably isn't, it is just that nobody appears to have correctly identified the actual problem.  There were some rumors that Devialet were on the verge of solving the issue, but now it has been quite a long time since the last beta version of AIR was released, so that looks like a bit of a false dawn.  In fairness, I routinely use AIR, and for 95% of the time it works fine and sounds superb.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet 200 ------my first 4 months - by Confused - 29-Jun-2015, 13:03