Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 200 ------my first 4 months
Other than the buggy, non functioning AIR software, what seems to be a lack of support for the expert line, a primative iOS app and no UPnP implementation anytime soon, I am now feeling a little regret about buying into the Devialet ecosystem.

After owning the D120 for the last five months, it is very obvious that this one box solution sounds really, really good and clearly outperforms my previous "all-in-one" Naim Superuniti in many ways, except one.

I am very aware that this is a very resolving DAC/integrated amp and has proved to offer a level of detail that was previously unheard of with my old kit. Music flows through it but I am not feeling like I want to listen to everything in my library but rather just play the records that bring out the best sound.

I feel some remorse for perhaps not pursing other alternatives but given the price point of the D120, it is very difficult to find a similar sounding amp/dac for the same money.

Unfortunately, this adventure did not come cheap as I was forced to get a stand alone streamer because of the non functional AIR software and then went down the rabbit hole to invest more money into new speaker cables, interconnects and power cords.

I tried and have succeeded to improve my connection with the music in every way possible with the addition of better cables and power but I am still feeling a lack of connection and involvement on an emotional level. It is as if it is lacking some of the excitement and enjoyment that I experienced with Naim gear.

Maybe this Devialet thing is just not for me.
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet 200 ------my first 4 months - by Ants - 07-Aug-2015, 23:45