Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 200 ------my first 4 months
(08-Aug-2015, 18:57)f1eng Wrote: Well it is true that it is scandalous that Air hasn't been fixed for everybody, but I don't think it is some people some of the time. For those who have a working Air setup it works all the time. Mine has been working for years now, I do regret them not sticking with their original Air strategy though.

The working for some and not for other is what puts me off. When I first did a home demo of the D120 about 10 months ago, (at the time the dealer had not upgraded the unit and was still a 110) AIR worked perfectly for 3 days, no dropouts or noise of any sort. It was impressive. Perhaps this was due to the fact that it was an older unit running older software/firmware but AIR was solid with both redbook and hi res files.

I set up another home demo a week before placing an order for my D120 using the same unit which had now been updated to D120 specs and did encounter some crackling noises after a while. I figured this was due to my network setup and thought nothing of it. I thought if I followed the guidelines to set up a proper network for optimal playback, this one off issue would resolve itself. Well, many months later, it has not and like others, I gave up on AIR and went with a streamer.

My next decision is consider giving up on Devialet and moving on to something else.
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet 200 ------my first 4 months - by Ants - 08-Aug-2015, 19:21