Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power direct from the wall, or Power Conditioner?
I use straight to the wall. 4 separate spurs (or more technically correct 'radials') from a bog standard Hager fuse box, but not the same one as for the rest of the house. Not that that makes much difference but it's easier to isolate the whole hifi stuff without affecting the domestic mains. Two radials are 6mm2 cheap twin and earth, 2 are cheap 10mm2. The latter two are leftover from my previous all-10mm2. The 6mm2 just seems to be better. The 10mm2 have MK unswitched UK sockets, the 6mm2 have Furutech GTX-D rhodium US sockets. For a power cord to the Devialet I use an Entreq Challenger 3V, and a homemade (can't remember the cable but it was cheap) cord to the Melco using a cheapish Furutech U.S. plug and a Martin Kaiser IEC.
I prefer the dedicated radial approach as it keeps the cross-component interference to a minimum. I don't have any problems with ground loop hum either which is the potential downside of such an approach. I tried to keep each radial as equidistant to the fuse box as possible.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power direct from the wall, or Power Conditioner? - by Rufus McDufus - 27-Jun-2015, 19:11