Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power direct from the wall, or Power Conditioner?
And therein lies the difference between "fancy" and/or ordinary for me. Even with my TV on/muted, isolated from the Devialet and using its own internal speakers or fed into the Devialet so I can (rarely) use my stereo speakers for movies etc the system is totally dead when cranked up and paused. Can't say about dimmers or fluorescents as none are used in the same room or in my dedicated A/V circuit. Although both are used in nearby rooms with zero influence or cross-contamination into the listening room. Additionally on my A/V power circuit and running from the PS Audio Dectet passive power supply I mentioned in my original post there's an iMAC, cable modem, Amazon Echo, Sonos 24/96 ZP90 and an Apple Time Capsule. Minus the tv, ALL of these are powered on and sharing power with the Devialet when testing for high volume grunge between speakers. The reason for that is because except for the TV and Echo they HAVE to be on for me to have a network and source component. If they're not on I have no Devialet or any other sound system for that matter! In my case there's more to it than "just" a silent Devialet. Additionally all of those ancillary devices except TV are within 6-12" of the wall-mounted D200 directly behind them. That "may" be why I kinda have to be a little more technically sophisticated/better prepared than you may need to be with regard to clean power or signal transmission. Not a good or bad thing... just the way it is. As I said before; "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." But still important to know everything I currently use power-wise is "passive" in nature and not "active" in any way! Instead of a single 120v/20A wall outlet I use 6 (1 in the wall/5 in the Dectet distributor). Not that I need all 12 outlets any longer with the Devialet but because I wasn't always using a "3-in-1" Amp/DAC/Pre and seems silly to start over and build a smaller one with fewer outlets when a perfectly good one with a few empty outlets is readily available. Sure I'm a little OCD but I'm not "that" OCD!! ;-)
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power direct from the wall, or Power Conditioner? - by Manoet - 29-Jun-2015, 22:37