Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power direct from the wall, or Power Conditioner?
I tried many Power conditioner over the years and eventually did not like any of them! They all degraded the sound. Presently I am using a Lessloss firewall module http://www.lessloss.com/firewall-module-p-216.html. No negative sound attributes but less background noise.

One other comment to US wall outlets: Most audiophile versions have a 20A neutral slot but all audiophile plugs have the 15A configuration (load and neutral parallel). The 20A neutral slot has 2 parallel blades for perpendicular neutral 20A plugs and a single extra blade for 15A and thus a not so good contact with a 15A plug. The Hubbell HBL5262 is the best real 15A outlet I found albeit not any fancy audiophile stuff.
I tried several plugs and IEC and even they sound different I see no advantage of the ultra versions. The only thing which really sounds bad is anything nickel plated (even if under gold) like PSaudio outlets or Wattgate plugs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power direct from the wall, or Power Conditioner? - by Music or sound - 01-Jul-2015, 01:48