Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power direct from the wall, or Power Conditioner?
I have been using different kinds of power conditioners during the 4 years I have been a part of the Devialet crowd.

Nordost Quantum products like the QB2 and QX4, Valhalla power cables, Transparent Audio PIMM/PLMM2X and Shunyata Alpha HC and Sigma Digital.

They all made a difference adding different kind of qualities - and some of them flaws, as well. I ended up with the Shunyata Sigma Digital as my choise. Simply because it brings least change to the over all tonal balance but at the same time it brings greater quietness (darkness) between the tones ( intertransient quietness, I think someone called it ) without slowing the music down like some of the traditional power conditioners tend to do. Switchmode power supplies set totally different demands on power conditioning, a task the Shunyata handle very well - my fullest recommendation ( but forget to use the lid)

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden

Messages In This Thread
Power direct from the wall, or Power Conditioner? - by BjornWiman - 15-Sep-2015, 07:02