Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power direct from the wall, or Power Conditioner?
(23-Sep-2020, 16:03)f1eng Wrote: Given that a piece of hifi is designed to be driven from AC mains any competent designer should make it immune to any typical mains shortcomings.
I would consider any piece of mains powered kit which needed any sort of power conditioning to perform correctly to be defective.
Anybody who worked for me designing mains powered kit which needed any device between it and the mains to work properly would be looking for another job.
I consider Devialet good and competent engineers so it follows that any gain in performance by attaching an expensive accessory to its mains socket is almost certainly the placebo effect, which is real enough if one is susceptible.

I haven't had the pleasure of reading your opinion for a long time. Welcome back.
I think you are right from the technical point of view, but the fact is that some of these devices have their influence, for the best and the worst. Sadly, this is the experience talking.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power direct from the wall, or Power Conditioner? - by BoyScout - 23-Sep-2020, 23:36