Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power direct from the wall, or Power Conditioner?
A few years ago I got the chance to try out power conditioning in the form of a big balanced isolation transformer. The improvements were remarkable. 3 other friends who tried the same balanced AC transformers in their home systems, all ended up buying one.

With the simpler power strip filters, they didn't always work well with power amps. But this balanced isolation transformer didn't have the same drawbacks but brought up nice improvements in sound. A more detailed, natural, relaxed sound.

But looking beyond the 'cleanliness' of the AC power itself (the live-neutral lines), I think the 'ground' connection plays a HUGE part in the sound quality overall. Taking care to avoid ground loops, even swapping AC sockets in relation to other components, makes a difference to the sound. I notice this difference a lot more with the Devialet Experts than with my previous amplifiers.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power direct from the wall, or Power Conditioner? - by hardcore - 27-Sep-2020, 15:31