Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early impressions, musings & pondering a Sub addition
(01-Jul-2015, 10:30)completeluxury Wrote: A sub is a good choice. Another brand to throw in the ring is JL audio.

another area of improvement is your audio PC.

theres a BIG difference between a computer and a well designed audio computer! worlds apart. quite a few of us here use computers as audio sources and you can get quite a lot of advice here in regards to setting one up properly. i dare say a lot of us actually use 2 computers. 1 is a "control pc" which holds your music collection, all software and basically does all the hard work with a single program (called Jplay) that sends the audio content to a secondary computer  called the "audio pc" whose sole purpose is to receive that audio content and then send it to the devialet.

if you think that you have tracks that sound good and some that dont, personally i would be looking at the computer source first before wanting to invest in subs, but thats just me.

Interesting you should say that! I did read about JPlay as being the companion to JRiver, but got a bit put off by the impression given about it being complicated to set up.

The other thing is that the QNAP NAS I have, has Twonky Media pre-installed, but I don't use it and have no idea if this is worth pursuing....

I also do have access to other PC's, so I suppose I could look into how it all might work!
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Early impressions, musings & pondering a Sub addition - by teddlesdee - 01-Jul-2015, 10:38